Celine and Louis Vuitton are popular luxury fashion brands, although LV is more popular than Celine. When talking about prominent fashion labels, Louis Vuitton always comes up among the first ten. While Celine may not be as popular as world-renowned as Louis Vuitton, it does have many things going for it. Besides, comparing these two iconic brands wouldn’t be right if Celine wasn’t worth it.
Louis Vuitton’s fashion items carry some of the highest price tags; Celine items are expensive too, but not as much. It’s not really a hard choice between Celine and Louis Vuitton, except you’re unsure what style you prefer.
Celine Or Louis Vuitton: Which Bag Should You Buy?
Celine bags speak elegance, minimalism, and a graceful silhouette better than many brands, even the great Louis Vuitton. Still, Louis Vuitton bags are magnificent fashion pieces that turn heads everywhere they enter. Celine’s bags have a long-standing history of holding form even after years of use in terms of durability. Louis Vuitton bags are also known for their incredible durability; they typically get better with age.
If you are considering durability, quality, and beauty, then maybe we shouldn’t be comparing Celine and Louis Vuitton. You will find that both Celine and LV have beautiful bags if you are objective; objective in that you’re not favoring one brand. An LV fan will advise you to get the brand’s bag because they’ve used it first-hand and can tell its worth. Likewise, a Celine fan will tell you that Celine’s minimalist handbags are worth the investment.
But, Celine and Louis Vuitton are distinct in style, and your preferred style is what matters at the end of the day. Meanwhile, if you want a brand that will attend to whatever queries you have and fast, you should probably stick with Celine. LV’s customer service is something the brand needs to improve on, no doubt.
Louis Vuitton Bag vs. Celine Bag: How’s The Quality?
Celine bags are made using raw materials of incredible quality, including lizard, stingray, cobra, crocodile, and python leather. On the other hand, Louis Vuitton bags are made with sturdy, top-quality raw materials, handmade by the finest artisans. Let’s briefly describe the quality level of both brands; then, you can decide which you prefer.
Celine is part of the big fashion group LVMH, and its items embody the group’s world-renowned quality and reputation. Celine is a known maker of handbags made with rare materials, which is a reason for their expensiveness.
Their bags are cult classic products made with exotic raw materials; if you want exotic, be ready to pay for it. The interior and exteriors of Celine bags both tell tales of incredible fashioning and attention to detail, passing the true test of quality.
On the other hand, Louis Vuitton’s bags are some of the most valuable handbags in the fashion industry, featuring an incredible quality. The bags are so well made that those who use them rarely report damages; the bags stand the test of time. For example, an LV bag will undergo over one hundred different production and testing stages before being released for sale.
LV bags are the essence of durability, having coated canvas and high-end leather that are easy to clean and maintain.
How To Spot a Fake Celine Bag
It sucks to pay hundreds to thousands of dollars for a Celine bag, only to find out it is a counterfeit. Fake Celine bags are as popular as the original, maybe even more popular. There are independent second-hand retailers who sell second-hand Celine bags, as well as brick-and-mortar stores selling the fake. So, you want to authenticate the bag to ensure you are getting the original Celine handbag.
- Start with the bag’s zippers; test them if you can. You’re looking for the slightest sign of discoloration on the zipper; if you find it, you’re dealing with a Celine wannabe. The zipper on the Celine bag should be metallic, and its color should match the bag’s color.
- Familiarity with Celine products lowers your chances of being fooled by counterfeits. Being knowledgeable about the bags will help you identify a fake, especially since some counterfeit sellers make them look convincing. Meanwhile, you want to avoid Canal Street in New York if you are looking for an original Celine bag.
- Experts sat and carefully crafted these beautiful, iconic Celine bags you see. These bags go through many rounds of quality checks before they are released for sale. Therefore, there shouldn’t be flaws or inconsistencies with the bag’s stitching; if there is, it is most likely a counterfeit.
Three Ways To Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton Tote
You can spot a fake Louis Vuitton tote in the following ways:
- Through the Monogram: LV has a signature monogram pattern, and it is often the first thing you will notice about the bags. The typical LV monogram has a quatrefoil repeating pattern that every LV fan knows; the pattern sometimes comes in multiple colors. If the pattern is crooked or cut off at a seam at the bag’s center, it is definitely a fake LV bag.
- Through the Lining: LV bags often come with dozens of different linings, with some having leather, a monogram pattern, canvas, or suede. You may want to research the type of bag in your hand, comparing what you have with the authentic.
- Through the Stitching: The tote’s stitching should be flawless, devoid of any unevenness, odd spacing, or loose stitches. The number of stitches on both sides of the bag should be the same; there should be no variation. Also, the thread’s color matters; real LV bags often have mustard yellow or brown stitching. If the LV bag so-called has any color apart from these two, say bright yellow, it is likely a fake.
It is a tough choice between Celine and Louis Vuitton, although not that tough if you know what you’re looking for. Celine is perfect for you if you want iconic “minimalist” designs, while Louis Vuitton is excellent if you want expensive, logo-centric designs. Both brands have excellent quality and durability, although the LV brand has more prominence than Celine. Finally, your budget can help you make a decision, with LV items being more expensive.